Friday, August 25, 2017

Luminous Bouquet ~ Power Poppy



Hello, hello, hello creative peeps!!  It's FRIDAY!!!!  And that means I get to share my latest Power Poppy creation with you!  I had a super fun time playing with Power Poppy's Digital set called Luminous Bouquet.  It has a stunning Japanese Poppy as its centerpiece and is beautifully enhanced by clusters of Hydrangea petals, Clemanits and Oxalis leaves.

I started by opening a blank page in Photoshop and added the image to the three corners.  But, when I wanted to add the sentiment, it didn't fit right.  So, I thought, why not manipulate it.  It's really easy and if you're interested in knowing how I did it, check out the Power Poppy Blog Sept. 4 for a tutorial.

I've included a closeup below so you can see the sparkle (that I added using a Quickie Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds (SU!) glitter), and the distressed background.  I achieved that by laying the Speckles stencil (Tim Holtz) over the colored portion, and, with a cotton ball, I dabbed Colorless Blending Solution over it. I colored the flowers AFTER distressing my background.


That sums up my project for now.  For some more inspiration, check out the following Bloom Brigade Blogs:

Christine Okken
Julie Koerber
Katie Sims

Tosha Leyendekker---you are here

Thanks a bunch for dropping by!  I hope you had a great week, and that your weekend is even better!

Happy Stamping!  
______________________________________________________________

StampsLuminous Bouquet (Power Poppy Digital)
Paper:  Xpress-It
Ink:  Printer
Dies:  Stitched Squares (The Ton), Fleur De Square and 6x6 Matting Basics (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Copics, Copic Blending Solution, Speckles Stencil (Tim Holtz), Quickie Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (SU!) 

4 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, this is gorgeous! I love how you've surrounded this sentiment with the floral bouquets and colored a stunning background! And the border die is lovely for the frame! Exquisite!! Hugs and love! xoxo

ChristineCreations said...

oh my goodness girlfriend, this is gorgeous. Amazing the way it frames the sentiment and the colours are just beautiful together!

Davi said...

SOOOO Gorgeous, cant wait to see your tutorial!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs