Sunday, November 30, 2014

Vintage Postcards ~ Waltzingmouse Stamps Dec. Release


Hello my dear creative friends!!  I've been on pins and needles eager to share this project with you because it is so dear to my heart.  For the last 3 years, for 5 glorious days, the first weekend in November I got to spend time with two very special and talented friends ( Linda Duke and Becca Feeken ) in Pasadena, CA at the Spellbound Event.  It's a time when women from all over the country and Canada, come together to learn creative techniques by incredibly talented women who have mastered their craft.  We made rhinestone and leather wrapped bracelets, a Mica dusted snowman (which appears in the final photo), Soldered bracelet charms, and a beautiful wall hanging which was my inspiration for today's project. 

I LOVE anything vintage!  I know...shocker!!  So when Claire came out with a Vintage Postcard set, I was beside myself with giddiness!!  Seriously...I'm sure I looked quite silly.  Since I had just made a lace and applique adorned wall hanging, I knew, right away, that I wanted to make a framed collage to compliment it.  This is what I came up with.



I started by stamping the top "Post Card" image with Smokey Gray Versafine ink, and added the the lined image along with some "distressed" text from the Text-It set.  To get it to look distressed, I just inked up the text, and took my finger and rubbed some off.  Easy-peasy!  Lastly I added the stamp in the corner by inking it up with Perfect Plumeria (VersaMagic) in the center, and Malted Mauve (VersaMagic) along the border.  After distressing the Post card with Antique Linen (Ranger Distress Ink, along with a bit of Vintage Photo and Black Soot (Ranger Distress), I layered it over a collage of diecut pieces, and included a few more.  All the supplies will be included at the bottom of this post. (There's quite a list.... ;)


After creating my collage, I wanted to mount it in a shadow box, so I purchased a black frame from Amazon Prime and had the frame delivered in two days.  SWEET!  But it was black.  That totally didn't fit with my vintage theme.  So, I took Champagne Gold Metallic DecoArt Acrylic paint and used a sponge dauber to add ink and texture to the frame.  The base in the shadowbox is just decorative lace paper that I purchased at Paper Source in Pasadena, CA last year while at the Spellbound Event.  You never know when a last minute purchase will come in handy.  It could even take a year.  :)


Here it is framed and hanging on the wall.  It's hard to get a good photo with the glass, and I have a huge and I mean HUGE window in the front of my home where this is hanging.



Lastly, here's a look at the grouping.  I made the snowman (taught by Colleen Moody) while at Spellbound, and the garland laying on the suspended table was made by A Gilded Life (the mother-daughter team who puts on Spellbound).  The Bottle brush trees, as well as the Tree of Pearls were purchased at Roger's Gardens in Corona Del Mar, CA while we were down South for Spellbound.  That store is INCREDIBLE!!  To say the least!!

Whew!  That's finally it for today.  I know...quite a long post.  But like I said at the beginning, it's a project dear to my heart because it will always remind me of the special time spent in Pasadena with Linda and Becca!  

Thank you so much for dropping by!!  I hope you are having an awesome weekend, and will stop in again tomorrow for another vintage inspired creation!

Happy Stamping!
___________________________________________________________________

StampsVintage Postcard and Text-It (Waltzingmouse)
Paper:  Fabrications (Teresa Collins), Lace (Paper Source), Kraft, Vintage Cream and Smokey Shadow (PTI)
Ink:  Perfect Plumeria and Malted Mauve (VersaMagic), Smokey Gray (Versafine), Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and Black Soot (Ranger Distress), Versmark
Accessories:  Dies-Vintage Bicycle die 262 (Marianne Designs), Carnation Creations, Opulent Ovals, Bow Elegance (Spellbinders), Birds and Blooms Bird and Hearts Primitive (Sizzix), Burlap Trim (Paper Mart), Shabby White and Aged Aqua Embossing Enamel (Stampendous), Felt (Prairie Point Junction), Seam Binding Ribbon (Prairie Bird Boutique - Etsy), Chunky Glitter (American Crafts), Paper Rose (Prima), Lace Trim (A Gilded Life), Silver Leaves (Wild Orchid Crafts), Mica Flakes, Rhinestone (Queen & Company)

3 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous vintage card/wall hanging you created with the post card stamps and all your beautiful lace, die cuts and glittery goodness Tosh! what a wonderful workshop that must have been - I'm LOVING that snowman particularly!!!

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! This is seriously beautiful. Full of glitz, lace, ribbon and flowers - just stunning! That's such a pretty display too!

Conniecrafter said...

Glad you had a good time and such a lovely grouping you have here. I love what you came up with, beautifully vintage, great idea to frame it and that paper looks like real lace!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs