Monday, July 28, 2014

Power Poppy August Release Previews ~ Day 2


http://powerpoppy.com/products/sunny-harvestIt's Day 2 of our Power Poppy Release previews, and we are sharing a set called Sunny Harvest.
It's just full of beautifully charming images that just make you wish Fall were here.  Seriously folks, Fall is my absolute favorite season, and working with these images...well, lets just say, I'm not happy with the 100+ degrees that we're sporting right now.  I'm ready for the crisp air and cozy colors Fall brings......NOW!!  Okay, enough of my pouting.  I can't help but smile when I talk about this set.

I had never known what Chinese Lanterns were.  I've seen them in Fall decorations, but never gave a thought to what their name was.  And Marcella, being the gem that she is, has introduced us to these beautiful Fall plants.  I love distressing (I know...it's a shock), so I had to use my Kraft cardstock with my distress inks with this set...duh!!!

I started by coloring the Lanterns and Bittersweet with Copics.  I colored an extra set of lanterns so I could layer them.  I hand cut the image (not recommended for impatient cutters...this baby took awhile and my peepers will never be the same.  I think I need new readers...YIKES!)  Anyway, after cutting them out, I burnished the backs of the Bittersweet and Lanterns and took a stylus to the front lines of the lanterns to give them dimension.  I popped them up in the die cut frame, and added some texture to the frame and background with the Bricks and Bark M-Bossabilities folder by Spellbinders.

I also sewed a lace and fabric ruffle to add to the bottom of my card and added a wooden button, burlap trim and a twine bow.


Here's a close up so you can see a bit of the dimension of the lanterns.  They're really "puffy" irl...super fun.

Now, in case you haven't seen the rest of the Bloom Brigades' projects, here's a list of all those participating today.

Here's the list of Copics I used:  R39, R37, R35, R32, YR18, YR16, YR07, YR04, Y35, Y08, E37, E35, E31

Thanks for dropping by!!
       Happy Stamping!
_________________________________________________________________

Stamps:  Sunny Harvest (Power Poppy)
Paper:  Kraft and Vintage Cream (PTI) Cryogen White, Wood (MME)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), Black Onyx and Smokey Gray (Versafine), Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress)
Accessories:  Copics, Deckled Rectangles and Standard Rectangles dies, Bricks and Bark M-Bossabilities folder (Spellbinders), Metallic Dots (MME), Burlap Ribbon and Trim, Wooden Button, Twine, Lace, Fabric, Sewing Machine 

15 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

This is GORGEOUS, Tosh! LOVE the fabric ruffle and the pop of orange against the Kraft!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you never cease to amaze me!! How did you get so darned talented and creative anyhow??!! You are the bomb! Joleen

Unknown said...

Love love love

Julie Koerber said...

GASP! This is a work of art Tosh -- all those layers of fabulousness serving as a backdrop for your stunningly colored sprig? This is a "wow" card for sure!

Liz Williams said...

A masterpiece and I love everything about it. Love the way it goes out of the box and love your use of fabric.

ChristineCreations said...

What a dreamy card Tosh...every element is so lovely from the fabric and trims to the distressing...and the patience and using a stylus on the lanterns is amazing!

Jerri Jimenez said...

So, so gorgeous girlie, you've nailed it on this one! I absolutely love this design . . . you're totally amazing!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Gorgeous! A classic fall and Tosh card!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my Tosh, this is Fabulous, I love the country feel that it has, awesome coloring and framing of the image!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, GASP is right! Tosh, this is absolutely one of THE most beautiful cards! Being a fussy-cutter myself, I TRULY appreciate the work this took! Sorry about your peepers! Hopefully, they are better. But really, I love your coloring that really makes these come alive, and your vintage/rustic look is fabulous, especially with your gorgeous ruffle! WOW!! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie!! What a fabulous card, Tosh! Where to start...? LOVE the puffy lanterns -- that's my favorite detail about the whole thing, but then there's those awesome backgrounds and the cool trim, but it wouldn't be nuthin' without your expert coloring, as well. How fun!

Davi said...

FABulous!! I love the way you colored the lanterns they look so real and the wood, brick and fabric are perfect with them!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful fall colors, fantastic cut work girl... oh my goodness.... Beautiful country fall card all around.

Kathy Jones said...

I CANNOT believe you HANDCUT those lanterns!! WOW girl - it looks incredible but you must have the patience of a saint! Love the all the textures on this stunning card!!

Allison Cope said...

Wowsers... look at all those layers and cool textures! Pure awesomeness for sure! I can't believe you fussy cut those Chinese Lanterns out... WOW! Love every inch of it Tosh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs