Friday, August 9, 2013

Waltzingmouse August Release Preview ~ Day 3




Okay,  I'm really excited to share my projects with you today.  And I'll tell you why in a second.  First of all, let me mention that the DT is featuring 3 sets again:  Zig Zag Background, Pinstripe Background and Big Day - Today

I was inspired by Claire's life preserver, in the Ocean Bound set, and thought I'd make my own using Circle dies (Spellbinders), some Red String (Olive Manna), and some Silver/White Cording (Darice).  I burnished the back of the preserver with a stylus to give it more dimension.

Can you see the background square?  I stamped the new SWEET Zig Zag Background with Aspen Mist (VersaMagic).  I like how subtle it is, yet it really makes the preserver pop.  I added the sentiment from the Ocean Bound set to the bottom

 
I also included the inspirational preserver on the inside, with another of the Ocean Bound sentiments.
LOVE this set!!


For my second card I used 3 different sets:  Tying the Knot, Ocean Bound, and Pinstripe Background.  I loved how the Zig Zags looked with the Aspen Ink, so I decided to use it with the Pinstripes too.  I love the soft look.

Okay...that's it for my projects today.  If you haven't seen the previews from the rest of the DT, be sure to check them out.  These girls are just full of creative ideas and inspiration!!

Happy Stamping!!

________________________________________________________________

Life Preserver
Stamps:  Zig Zag Background and Ocean Bound (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Paper:  White (PTI)
Ink:  Aspen Mist (VersaMagic), Smokey Gray (Versafine)
Accessories:  Circle dies (Spellbinders), Red String (Olive Manna), Copics, Stylus, Corner Rounder Punch

Another Year on Deck
Paper:  White (PTI), Bazzill
Ink:  Smokey Gray (Versafine), Aspen Mist and Night Sky (VersaMagic)
Accessories:  Scor-Buddy, Ribbon  


9 comments:

Deirdre said...

Tosha,

What beautiful cards, love the two of them equally!!! Brilliant idea to make a big lifesaver, thanks for the inspiration.

suezie said...

OMW! How cute is that life preserver! Such a clean, simple card but so cool. Love it

Cindy Lawrence said...

Oh, how pretty these are! Love all that fresh white...makes me want to go to the ocean!

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful creations with these lovely backgrounds and the nautical stamps Tosh!

Deborah Frings said...

These are just gorgeous - love the soft, subtle colours you've used. The inside of your first card would also make a fab CAS card!

Marisa said...

Wonderful times two :)

Renee said...

I die over that life preserver...
eeekkkk!
I love it!! :)
What fabulous cards...
love that anchor and rope background...
seriously gorgeous Tosh! :)

Mary Ann said...

WOW!Beautiful cards!!!Have a good weekend!

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab nautical suite

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs