Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Day to Remember!

Hello! Are you glad the weekend's arrived? I hope you're all getting some rest and as well as some creative time.

Today I made a card using this week's VLV sketch designed by the terrifically talented Amy Sheffer!! My daughter is having her first birthday away from home. She's a Freshman in college and is turning 18, so I made a card for her in her style. She loves black, and isn't a huge flower fan. So, I made a Rosette medallion and attached two Tiny Sweet Scallop tags to it. The sentiments are from the Verve sets Sunny Days and Tag Time.

That's it for today. Have a wonderful weekend!!
Happy Stamping!

post signature

____________________________________________________
Supplies
Stamps: Sunny Days and Tag Time
Paper: Rosy Lost & Found (MME), Vintage Cream (PTI)
Ink: Black Onyx (Versafine), Black Soot (Ranger Distress), Colorbox
Accessories: Tiny Sweet Scallop (Verve), Mini Paper Rosette (Sizzix-Tim Holtz), Circle die (Spellbinders), Black Burlap String (May Arts), Button (PTI), Lace (Wild Orchid Crafts), Rhinestones (Kaisercraft and I-Rock),Sewing Machine, Border Punch (MS)

11 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

What a gorgeous card, Tosh! I know you miss your daughter, but this card will be a token of love for her! Love the stitching detail!

Gabriela said...

Man oh man Tosh, you really nailed that card. Your daughter is going to just LOVE your card. Happy Birthday to your "little girl" (because she will always be your little girl).

Keva said...

This is so beautiful. Love the color scheme and the rosette is perfect.

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow.....this is gorgeous...that gal's got style.....warm and rich in color and elements

FYI...mine is on its way...

Bernie said...

Brilliant card! I'm sure she'll love it!
Blessings Bernie

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of Amy's sketch, Tosh. I know your daughter will love receiving it :) Nothing better than mail from home when you are at Uni :)

Pet73 said...

What a great card! Love the destroyed look. Gorgeous!

Shannan Teubner said...

Gorgeous, Tosh! I'm lovin' that stitching, girl!

Andrea Ewen said...

Fabulous distressing, Tosh and I love that funky stitching! I'm sure that your daughter will enjoy it, sans flower...(however, in my mind that rosette looks like a beautiful little black-eyed Susan, hehe). Gorgeous, as always, my dear...your blog is a source of unending inspiration!

Conniecrafter said...

so cute, neat stitching, those first birthdays that they are away is tough, but getting a card handmade from Mom will be a wonderful thing!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Tosh, this is GORGEOUS! I LOVE this card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs